- Help companies with liquidity and credit issues to improve and/or turnaround their financial performance by analyzing the business, developing credible financial forecasts that focus clients on those items that directly impact performance, improving profitability and cash flow and addressing the concerns of the banks and/or investors;
- Develop and implement tactical plans for both growth and underperforming companies based on in-depth analysis of markets, operations, pricing, customer, and product profitability, working capital, and organizational structure;
- Represent sellers and buyers in mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, and management buyouts;
- Interface with capital sources, such as traditional banks, private equity firms and subordinated debt lenders, to secure new financing in support of company growth, turnaround plans, or a management buyout;
- Support owners and management to successfully navigate the difficult and complex restructuring and bankruptcy processes;
- Provide interim management services to support companies during leadership transitions;
- Render expert testimony, and other litigation support, when disputes arise over valuations or business practices; and
- Provide independent valuation services for the timely and accurate appraisal of businesses or intangible assets on which any business or third party can rely.
Over the years, FDP has distinguished itself by the powerful, sustainable results achieved for our clients. We have earned the trust and respect of management teams, banks, and private equity firms by delivering improvements in cash flow, profitability, and shareholder value. The Fort Dearborn name is synonymous with thorough, high-quality analysis, a collaborative approach to identifying and addressing critical issues, a penchant for urgent, focused action, and the proven ability to implement solutions that work. Management teams, owners, and lenders alike, respond to our deep expertise in a wide variety of industries including manufacturing, distribution, consumer products, food, construction, paper, printing, retail, healthcare, steel, transportation, and professional services.